WIN MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
LAUNCHING FEMALE LEADERS
Women In Nutraceuticals was founded to empower women in nutraceuticals to unlock their personal and professional potential. WIN strategic goals are to bring more gender diversity to industry leadership by increasing the number of women serving in leadership positions and ensure better opportunities for rising female leaders. Data demonstrates companies with diverse teams experience improved productivity, innovation, and business success.
WIN’s 6-month mentorship program is focused on soft skills, including critical thinking, creativity, effective communication, and empathy. Mentees are women who are passionate about the nutraceutical industry, comfortable with objective feedback and proactive learning, and committed to investing time in the relationship and professional development. Mentors are men or women who offer significant experience and stature, understanding of the nutraceutical industry, and a desire to collaborate on the mentee’s professional development goals.
This fall, WIN is launching a pilot mentorship program, designed to support senior-level women interested in advancing their career to C-suite and board positions. Our expectation is to launch a full mentorship program to all senior-level WIN female members in early 2024, as well as a program to serve mid-level managers.
The application period for the pilot program has closed. Please stay tuned for information on this program and our first round of mentors and mentees.
of individuals with a mentor say they find the experience to be a valuable one
SAID MENTORS HAD HELPED THEM AVOID COSTLY MISTAKES (HBR)
of employees with a career mentor are happy at work. (Forbes)
- Rewarding experience with satisfaction of supporting future industry leaders
- New industry connections and opportunities
- Opportunity to build upon best practices in mentorship with a group of peers
- Gain perspectives, catch the spirit of and interact with new business practices and mindsets
- Self-awareness of gaps, needed soft skills and beginning to refine soft skills such as critical thinking, creativity, problem-solving, effective communication, interrelationships, empathy, attitude
- Insights in how to market yourself authentically for success in the executive world
- Clear understanding of expectations, rewards, benefits, and realities of C-Suite leadership
- Develop self-confidence and feel empowerment
- Expanded leadership network
- Connections to people who can help open doors for you.
When more women lead, it creates a diversified leadership team open to discussing multiple perspectives
that improves decision-making and strengthens the organization to face the challenges of the future.